Senior Product Designer
Are you an experienced designer looking to take ownership of a suite of digital products and improve the user experience for our customers? Are you a self-starter with a passion for the exciting world of industrial design innovation?
Transformer Table is in search of a Senior Product Designer who isn’t afraid of delving into any design project. You have a focused interest in human-centered product design and have led projects from end-to-end as a key design stakeholder. You will work cross-functionally with marketing, product and engineering, collaborating on best-in-class visual experiences in all of our customer-facing channels.
Transformer Table is one of the fastest-growing startups in Canada, headquartered in the greater Montreal area. Since its incorporation in 2016, Transformer Table has grown exponentially, building a client base worldwide. In fact, we have tripled our revenue year over year since the start. And we are only just beginning.
Working with retailers such as Costco, Staples & Homesense, appearing on Dragons Den, presenting at hundreds of trade-shows across North America, plus our successful $6M+ funded campaign on Kickstarter has sparked the Transformer revolution as we expand our footprint into other categories of consumer furniture.
What you’ll do
- Improve and enhance the Transformer Table websites by actively following a user-centric design process from research and strategy through to information architecture and visual design, actively working with engineering to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Work closely with our marketing team to effectively and creatively sell our brand story and innovative products to potential new users through our other consumer-facing channels
- Develop brand visual assets and enforce brand integrity across a wide range of digital and print deliverables
- Be a meticulous time manager who can balance several open projects and maximize productivity on tight timelines
- Design environmental graphics for events like tradeshows and conferences once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer, Product Designer or Interaction Designer at an agency or product company.
- Proven experience as a visual storyteller turning complex business problems into simple and engaging products
- Strong portfolio showcasing your design work and a few case studies that show your work methodologies.
- Proficient in Adobe CS, Sketch, Figma and Invision
- Strong communications skills and daily transparency on your progress with remote team members
Nice to haves
- Previous experience in ecommerce, product or SaaS, either agency or client-side
- A passion for content creation such as illustration, copywriting, photography, public speaking or any other special skills that flex your creative muscles
- Limitless opportunities
- Free lunch every Friday
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Discounts on our products
- Annual performance bonus
- Comfortable work environment
- We like to have fun!
Please submit a copy of your CV, your portfolio, along with a cover letter highlighting what resonates with you about this position. We are excited about the possibility of meeting you!
Transformer Table is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.